Saturday, January 25, 2014

Recovery Days

I'm in my late 50s & feel like I'm in my 90s most days. It seemed that I was getting fatter and sicker the more I got treated by the doctors at the county health system.

Then of course the Obamacare nonsense came along, and I couldn't get care at all. My primary care doctor quit rather than deal with it, and I got told that I would have to apply for medicaid (braving the website & all the identity theft risks) in order to get assigned to another doctor.

This was rather a back door bit of good news, as it caused me to take a good long look at where I was getting with mainstream medicine.

I decided to kick their stuff to the curb, and I have gotten more progress in the last month than I have in the last year.

I started back up with SparkPeople only this week, and it's going very well indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment