Monday, January 20, 2014

Finding USEFUL Online Health, Diet and Exercise Resources

There is a lot of information on the internet that has to do with diet, exercise, regaining health, and handling the effects of toxins in our lives.

The problem is that the vast majority of the information out there is not valid or useful. Some of it is totally clueless, some of it is opinion, and even worse, there are real nutcases out there that deliberately put out information designed to injure others.

When attempting to find a way to proceed to regain health and activity after long and debilitating medical mistreatment, this morass becomes doubly overwhelming. The opinions are like diapers in a nursery - everyone has one and you know what they are usually full of.

With all that said, finding a good resource is pure gold. The one I was reminded of today is www.sparkpeople.com.

I actually have been a member for several years, but I had completely forgotten about them in my search for exercise videos for using the resistance bands.

Most of what I saw on YouTube fit in the "totally clueless" category, and one even implied that using a wheelchair was tantamount to terminal laziness.

Not so with SparkPeople. The video I watched today was spot on about using the resistance bands while seated, and the written material made some excellent points about getting exercise while dealing with various disabilities.

I also spent considerable time today updating my information and goals on the various tracking tools they offer.

SparkPeople is going to be a big part of my plan to regain my basic health and resiliency.

No comments:

Post a Comment