Tuesday, January 21, 2014

End Of First Month Status Report: Noticeable Improvement

We're looking for results in a few categories:
  • Improved physical ability
  • Improved resiliency - by which I mean my ability to handle stress and avoid getting ill
  • Improved basic health

The results this month are slight, but noticeable. While out shopping today, I was able to walk at an improved pace, and I was able to walk, not waddle. This part tells me that the foot and ankle swelling is down at least a small amount. Still got short of breath, but even that was not as severe.

Last night I did some furniture moving and changed where my bed was located. This involved some fairly heavy lifting. I did have to sit down to regain my breath every few minutes. However, I was able to complete the task by myself. 

I had no problem getting all the groceries in the house by myself. Again, I did need to sit down to catch my breath before going back for the second load, but I was able to complete the task. I was also able to carry a bag of laundry to the car, and I will be going to the laundromat tomorrow by myself to get it done. 

Small improvements; sure, but where I'm heading is the ability to do heavy work. Just a few years ago I was able to walk for miles back and forth across a hay field behind a truck and trailer and toss 70 pound bales up to the person stacking. For the last two years I haven't been able to walk 100 feet with a bag of trash.

Addendum:
If you are wondering why I chose the "Round Tuit" image for this post, it is because I still have a hard time believing that I have had such a rough road to get to this point...sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment